Post-COVID Society: What Will the World Be Like After the COVID Pandemic
- The competition is open to all ASEF Fellows and alumni.
- The participant must write a short essay (1000-2000 words) describing how the world will change as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic and how they imagine it will impact the society in its different dimensions. We want the participant to think about how this pandemic is affecting and will affect countries and the world: families and human relations and relationships in society, economy, industry, working conditions, education, migration, health, urban planning, agriculture and production of food, commerce, interstate cooperation and other dimensions that you consider important. What problems arise and will continue to arise? What opportunities does this crisis offer? What changes can it accelerate? What habits can change? How can we address perceived problems and take advantage of potential opportunities?
- If plagiarism is detected, the essay will be disqualified.
- Each ASEF Fellow/ Alumni can submit only one essay. It is also possible to prepare a group essay, with a group of no more than three members. All members must be ASEF Fellows or Alumni.
- Contributions will be accepted until Wednesday, May 6th, 2020. We ask the participant to select a pseudonym to be considered by the jury. ASEF will only consider the first version submitted. Contributions should be sent in the following format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Original document in MS Word: ASEF-essay-pseudonym.docx
- Copy of the same document in PDF format: ASEF-essay-pseudonym.pdf
- Document with participant data: ASEF-essay-data-pseudonym.pdf
- Name and surname of the ASEF Fellow / Alumni
- Title of the submitted essay
- Summary of the essay (100 to 250 words)
- The essay can be written in any of the following languages: Slovenian, English, or Spanish.
- The ASEF evaluation committee will select the three best essays.
- The ASEF evaluation committee will communicate the results to the participants and ASEF Fellows and Alumni through electronic means.
- ASEF will award the best contribution by publishing the essay in a prestigious medium and with a gift card for the sum of 150 EUR (Slovenia: Mimovrste, Europe: Amazon, USA: Amazon, South America: Mercadolibre).
- The selected essays will be published on the ASEF website.